Welcome to Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Department
The Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering offers quality education to both undergraduate and post graduate level.The Dept. started in 1999 with B-tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation. Later in 2012 the dept. has increased its capacity by starting a B.Tech programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering and a M.tech in Signal Processing. The Department has highly qualified and committed faculty members. There are around 400 students including UG and PG. The faculty members are specialized in Signal Processing, Embedded system, Digital Communication,VLSI Design etc.
The academic activities are supported by Electronic circuits,Process control Instrumentation,Analog Communication,Linear Integrated Circuits,Microprocessor & Micro controller and DSP Laboratories. The faculty has been active in offering consultancy services to industries and conducting and attending courses regularly to facilitate the continuing education.
To emerge as a centre of excellence in Electronics, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering, providing quality education and research opportunities for the advancement of society and mankind.
Dedicate and commit ourselves to achieve, sustain and foster unmatched excellence in engineering education.
Pursue continuous development of infrastructure and enhance the laboratories with state of the art equipment.
Provide our students a technologically updated and intellectually inspiring environment of learning, research, innovation and creativity.
Instill ethical and moral values in students.
Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1. Graduates with sound knowledge and core competence.
PEO 2. Graduates with professional outlook.
PEO 3. Graduates with better employability in the field of electronics.
PEO 4. Graduates with desire to learn and do research in the field of electronics.
PEO 5. Graduates who can be good entrepreneurs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO 1. Graduates proficient in building complex electronic instrumentation systems.
PSO 2. Graduates who can optimize the control systems for industrial needs.
PSO 3. Instill add on skills in graduates.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1. Graduates with sound foundation in science and Technology.
PEO 2. Graduates with strong analytical and problem solving skills in electronics and communication engineering.
PEO 3. Graduates capable of using modern equipment and tools to solve multi-disciplinary problems.
PEO 4. Graduates aspiring for research and entrepreneurship.
PEO 5. Graduates with a desire for life long learning and commitment to society.
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs)
PSO 1. Graduates proficient in designing and developing complex electronic hardware and software components.
PSO 2. Graduates capable of meeting the challenges of modern data communication requirements.
PSO 3. Graduates instilled with the ability to adapt to the evolving professional environment in electronics and communication engineering.
|Dr. P Reena
|Dr. Tara Raveendran
|Professor and Department Head|
| Dr. Shajee Mohan B.S.
|Smt. Swapna G
|Sri. Premson Y
|Dr. Rezuana Bai J
|Sri. Brijmohan K.
|Smt. Priyaja. K.V
|Smt. Babitha B
|Sri. Pradeep K.Bharatan
|Dr. Ahammed Muneer K.V.
|Associate Professor (NC)|
|Dr. Bindima T.
|Sri. Sreejith S.
|Dr. Baburaj M.
|Dr. Abdu Rahiman
| Smt. Shantini K.S.
| Sri. Abdul Jaleel N.
| Sri. Sujith Kumar T.P.
|Sri. Jithesh C.P.
|Smt. Saritha M.
|Sri. Rashid Ummer
|Sri. Harikrishnan P.R.
|Sri. Sreeraj S.
|Smt. Aswathy G.
|Sri. Sabeeh Ahammed M.T.
|Smt. Prakarsha C.
|Smt. Manju Lakshmi E.K.
|Sri. John D’Cruz
|Smt. Sythalakshmi C
|Smt. Jayasree T.C.
|Sri. Jojo V. Antony
|1st Grade Instructor|
|Smt. Asha M S
|Sri. Abid Tharavattath
|Sri. Binil M
|Trade Instructor Gr II|
|Smt. Salma A. P.
|Trade Instructor Sr. Gr.|
|Smt. Sudha T.
|Smt. Sobhana M.
|Sri. Sebi Augustin
|Smt. Roshmi V.
|Smt. Sangeetha K.
|Smt. Bindu K.
|Sri. Robin Basil H
|Smt. Aysha Firana K P
|Sri. Priyesh K M
|Trade Instructor (Ad-hoc))|
Programmable Logic Control Station
Power Electronics Lab
Pneumatic Pressure Process Station
Electronics Communication Lab
Electronics Circuit Lab
DSO with Function Generator
Digital Signal Oscilloscope
Programs Organized By Department
- Mr Deepak Aravind , Power System Engineer, GE , delivered a talk on Tidal Energy Conservation on 25th March 2017.
- Dr Sivakumar K , Associate professor IIT Hyderabad delivered a talk on Power Electronic Converter for Microgrid on 23rd March 2017.
- Dr Praveen Sankaran delivered a talk on Product Development for Image Enhancement on 7th October 2016 .
- Organised TEQIP II sponsored National Conference on Emerging Trends in Technology – Signal Processing on 7 and 8 October 2016.
- TEQIP II sponsored STTP on Content Management System from 8 -12 March 2016.
- Short Term Training Program on Signal Processing and Pattern Analysis from 22nd Feb to 27th Feb 2016, sponsored by DTE.
- Dr Jagadanand G, Assistant Professor, NIT Calicut, delivered a talk on Basics of Microcontroller and Embedded Systems on 07/03/2015 under Visiting Faculty Lecture.
- Dr Kumaravel S, Assistant Professor, NIT Calicut, delivered a talk MATLAB Theory and Applications on 24/02/2015 under Visiting Faculty Lecture.
- Prof. Sreekanth M , Assistant Professor, Jyothi Engineering College, Thrissur delivered a talk on Introduction to Robotics and Automation on 11/2/2015 and 12/2/2015 under Visiting Faculty Lecture.
- Technical Staff Training Program on Computer Networking and Maintenance from 1-5 Dec 2014.
- Short Term Training Programme on “Signal Processing and Pattern Analysis” during 13th – 19th march 2014.
- Technical Staff Training Program on Computer Assembling and Trouble Shooting, from 27 – 31 October 2014.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Role of Power Electronics in Energy Conservation” during 26th – 2nd March 2013.
- Faculty Development Programme on “E-Waste management” during 12th – 16th march 2013.
- Short Term Training Programme on “Digital System Design Using VHDL” during 19th – 21st October 2011.
- Short Term Training Programme on “Signal Processing Techniques” during 13th – 18th September 2010.
- I Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Deepak K.V. in 2012.
- I Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Adeeba Fathima V.T. in 2011.
- III Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Sreesha C. in 2011.
- V Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Radhika N.K. in 2011.
- II Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Aditi C. in 2010.
- III Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Neethu S.Nair. in 2010.
- I Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Gautham Manenbeth. in 2009.
- III Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Sajeesh K. in 2009.
- III Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Sandeep Satish. in 2008.
- IV Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Arun. N. in 2008.
- V Rank in Calicut University inApplied Electronics & Instrumentation for Chitra Girish. in 2008
ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION STUDENTS
1) MOCK PLACEMENT conducted on 10/10/2013. A session on “Emloyability development program” was conducted by Adv. Dinesh and Mr. Niranjan(NIUL).Also classes were conducted on Group Discussion. Mock Interview was also conducted.
2) GENERAL QUIZ conducted on 17/10/2013.The Quiz program was exclusively conducted for S1S2 students.
3) MOCK PRESS conducted on 22/10/2013.In this event a Press Club environment was being arranged and this event was conducted as a part of student’s personality development.
4) PAPER PRESENTATION-22/10/2013
5) ASSOCIATION INAUGRATION-22/10/2013
EISA was inaugurated by Dr. Abraham T Mathew from NIT. The winners of ‘PROVISION 13’ were appreciated.
6) WEBSITE LAUNCH held on 1/12/13
7) E-BOOK DISTRIBUTION held on 5/12/13
8) GD CLUB INAUGRATION held on 14/1/14:
The GD CLUB was inaugurated by Dr. Abdul Hameed.
9)EISA SCHOLARSHIP distributed on 30/3/14 EISA Scholarship was awarded to meritorious students.
10) PRE-WORKSHOP SEMINAR conducted on 23/1/14 & 2/2/14
11) ROBOTICS WORSHOP conducted on 9/3/14
12) M.T. Unnikrishnan, Associate Engineer KSEB Kozhikode inaugurated EISA activities for the year 2016 -17 on 16th March 2016. This was followed by an expert talk on Managerial skills.
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION STUDENTS ASSOCIATION (ECSA)
1) ASSOCIATION INAUGURATION on 24/1/14ECSA was inaugurated by Ms.SATHI DEVI, professor of NIT and a Technical talk on “CRYPTOGRAPHY” was delivered by Ms .SAHI DEVI. The meritorious candidates were being appreciated and awarded prizes.
2) TECHNICAL QUIZ on 24/1/14
3) TECHNICAL DEBATE held on 24/1/14
4) LOGO LAUNCH held on 24/1/14
5) Mr. Sukumaran, General Manager BSNL telecom Kozhikode inaugurated the association activities for the year 2016-17 on 8th March 2016 and gave an expert lecture on Telecommunication Technologies Present and Future.
Department Advisory Committee
Former Dean, NIT Calicut
3. Mrs Rajeswary N S
Asst Executive Engineer
KSEB , Calicut.
4. Mr. Dheeraj Mohan P.
Founder and CEO
TOP GEAR Management Consultants
Akshaya Building, WestHill Calicut.
5. Prof. Rohit Ram T.
Assistant Professor, CAPE, Vadakara
6. Dr. Celine Mary Stuart (H.O.D)
7. Prof. Shajeemohan B.S.
8. Prof. Rishidas S.
9. Dr. Byjubai T.P.